source little horus:
- Born on June 10,1917 in a modest
household in the popular district of Sayyeda Zeinab in Cairo, where he spent his
childhood. He took from his father, where was a creative writer a craving for literature
and writing. His literary talent was conspicuous at a newly stage of his life.
- As still a secondary school student,
he published his first short story in "Megallati" magazine, followed by
contributions to Al- Imam and as a magazines beside his literary interest, he was also
involved in sport activities, where he headed at his school Hockey team.
- Sibaie graduated in the Military
Academy in 1937. Since then he took up several military positives including teaching at
the Military Academy. In 1952, he was represented director of the Military Museum.
- After retiring military service he
took up the following positions:
- In 1959, Secretary - General of the Supreme Court For Arts and Letters and Secretary
-General of the Afro- Asian Solidarity Conference.
- In 1965, Editor - in Chief, Akhar Saah magazine, the chairman of the Board of
Directors, Dar Al Hilal House (1971).
- In 1973 (March) Minister of Culture.
- In 1976, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Al - Ahram press Organization.
- In 1977, elected Head of Egyptian Press Syndicate.
- Since 1951, as - Sibaie has
played an effective role in literary life. Starting with his endeavors, together with
reputed novelist / journalist Ihsan Abdel- Qoddous to found the novelists club, "Men
of letters" Association and later Arab Writers Union.
- Under his supervision, several
magazines were founded including : Al- Odaba Al-Arab (Arab Men of Letters),
Al-Risala Al -Gadida (New Risala "Message"), Al- Qissa (Novel)
- Al - Sibaies creative
works reveals his deep preoccupation with the necessity of revolutions against the
deteriorating conditions prevalent at his time in search for a better future he mostly
picked up his characters from the deprived and down- Trodden segments of the society to
reflect such conditions.
of his novels are:
Tears Gone, Im Leaving, My
Heart Restored, Life Time is Only a Moment, Land of Hypocrisy, Behind The Curtain, Road of
Return, A Smile on his Lips.
His favorite was "Youre
not Alone" which best reflected his view points in various problems.
- Order of Merit of the first class,
United Arab Republic 1962.
- Order of Merit of the Grand Knight
class, Italian Republic, 1963.
- Order of the Republic, Arab Republic
of Egypt, 1975.
- He was awarded the "Necklace of
the Republic" on the very date of his martyrdom, February 18,1978.
Arab World Books